Things are progressing along nicely for our land purchase! We are now in the middle of getting a land survey complete. It should have already been done, but we ran into some challenges. The main challenge we faced was that the man we paid to organize the land survey decided to not hire a surveyor and tried to do it himself using a GPS and a tape measure on the day I could not come out to watch. I started checking the survey and realized that he had only given us 11 acres instead of 20.
On Friday, we finally got a survey company to come out and work on the survey. They ran into some challenges with battery issues on their transit. We were not able to complete it, so we are going back to finish up the final two corners on Monday. We now have 20 acres carved out!
Our next step is to get the lease agreement drafted and signed, then get a title for the subdivision, and the land is ours!